Avocado toast for breakfast, avocado toast for dinner, avocado toast always!
Some foods are so simple, so easy, that they don’t even seem worth talking about. But when it comes to avocado toast, they are. It starts with perfectly crisp and crunchy toasted sourdough slices that are layered with avocado.
I’ve been so obsessed with avocado lately and that is why I decided to share this simple masterpiece with you all.
Firstly, I would love to share some facts about avocados:
- avocados contain four grams of protein, making them the fruit with the highest protein content
- they contain more potassium than bananas and are very high in fiber
- are full of oleic acid, which helps to reduce inflammation in the body
- they help our bodies to absorb nutrients
Pretty good, huh?
Healthy 3 Minute Avocado Toast
- 1 avocado peeled and seeded
- black himalayan salt to taste
- a pinch of pepper
- black sesame seeds
- dried oregano to taste
- Toast 2 slices of whole grain in toaster until golden and crispy.
- Mash the avocado.
- In a small bowl combine mashed avocado, black himalayan salt, pepper, black sesame seeds and dried oregano. Spread half of the mixture on each slice of toasted bread.